9.08.2012

Found a few minutes.

Crikey (sp?), it's almost Christmas. More mind-blowingly, it's almost the end of 2011. I once heard that kids are "time accelerators" for their parents. Understatement of the year. Sometime, somehow, we've rounded the one-year mark as California residents and the two-year anniversary is just a few months away.

Life is good. You can always find things to pick apart (and if you read this much you know that I am the KING of picking things apart) but all is truly wonderful. Lauren is an awesome mom, more incredibly nurturing, generous, loving, selfless, and creative than I could have imagined. I like to think I'm a pretty good dad myself; surprisingly being an engaged father takes zero effort, it's simply something I can't wait to do every day. As I've mentioned before it kills me to have to work and be gone so much during the day, but it distills the time with Emma into high octane (say 180-proof) quality dad-n-daughter time. Makes you appreciate it.

Lauren is awesome, did I mention that? On numerous levels. Example: she has chosen to pursue a post-graduate degree, once again driving towards her dream of teaching. This may mean big changes for us, more importantly this represents a big moment in our relationship. Lauren made some huge sacrifices in supporting this move to California, and it's nice (and validating for her) to let her grab the wheel, hit the gas, and drive this shuttle to our next adventure. Plans and details are still preliminary, but it's in the works.

Gotta run. Emma has yet to fall asleep for her afternoon nap and is starting to wig out. More to follow.

No comments: